Friday, February 02, 2007

Party time!

It's Allie's birthday party this weekend, though it's going to seem a little bit like Thanksgiving. Greg and I have decided that we really need the room in the freezer that's taken up by the turkey my company gave me for Christmas, so tomorrow we're having turkey, mashed potatoes, baked beans, etc.

Greg says it's not the same meal as Thanksgiving because we're not having carrots. I suppose that's a good point, because I haven't been baking any pumpkin pie either.

So Grandma, Grandpa, and Auntie Cat are here and tomorrow is the Dog theme party. We have a dog centerpiece, dog bone confetti, dog plates, dog cups, and a multitude of presents. She is going to be even more spoiled than usual tomorrow.

My dad made the comment that the weather is the exact opposite of Julia's birthday, which is exactly six months from Allie's. Last July, it was 95 degrees out, and this weekend it's supposed to be -5.

Yes, folks, that's a 100 degree difference in temperature. I think I'd rather have the cold weather, personally. You can always bundle up. Yes, I'm rationalizing.

No comments: