Sunday, April 15, 2007

OK, I'm back

I've been pretty unavailable for the last two weeks because I've been busy reading. And reading, and reading. Thousands of pages, literally. I've been reading the Harry Potter books.

My local library didn't have book one available, but I've read two, three, four, five and six. I finished six off in about 8 hours, more or less. Of course, I think it's only 600-some pages, as opposed to book five, which I think was about 870 pages. I would have finished six faster if I didn't have to keep stopping for the last 50 pages to get more Kleenex and blow my nose.

Why did I just read these books now, instead of years ago? I always knew that I wanted to read the series, but I didn't want to be one of those desperate people who camped out at the bookstore to get the next book.

Well, tomorrow I'm going to call my local library and put myself on the reserve list for when they get their shipment of book seven. I can't wait. No surprise, here, but these are really good books. I'm sure my girls will read them someday, and I look forward to sharing them with them.

Since I have to wait now until at least July for that last book, I'll get back to more of my normal blogging schedule. I know you've all been waiting with bated breath. And now your long wait is over, you lucky dogs.

No comments: