Wednesday, April 25, 2007

That's not so bad

Well, I finally got around to calling the library today, to get myself put on the list for when the last Harry Potter book comes in in July.

The librarian took my library card number, then said I was on the list and that they'd be calling me when my book was available. I said, just out of curiosity, can you tell me where I am on the list, you know, approximately.

She said, oh, you're about 750.

I said, Oh, my goodness. So maybe I'll get the book in six months or so? She reassured me that the library is going to get about 120 copies of the book, so I might only have to wait a month or two.

That's not so bad.

Greg says I should just buy the book, but you know what--I doubt I'm going to ever read these books again. They're just too dark. So why would I spend any money. The library system gets my tax money whether I use the library or not. So I can wait.

As long as I get it by Christmas.

No comments: