Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What's new

Well, lots of stuff at work that I'm not going to talk about.

Julia bit another kid at daycare yesterday, which is something we all thought she'd left behind at least a year ago. She's going to be 4 at the end of July, for pete's sake. I understand that another little girl was sitting on her, so this is how she took care of the situation. Our naughty girl had to stay in her room (and play with all of her toys in her room) last night instead of getting to play outside like her sister.

Allie got to go on a field trip to a nearby college last week to see a play featuring college students as actors. She thought it was awesome. As she said, "I just love to go to the theater!" She's basing this statement on going to see ballet productions of "Peter Pan" twice, once at three and once at four years of age, but who am I to argue. I remember going to see a show at the Pabst Theater in Milwaukee (a beautiful historic theater) when I was in grade school and thinking it was the most magical thing I'd ever seen.

My husband did either a very sweet thing for me yesterday or he did his husbandly duty, depending on which way you want to look at it. He took some time off work, picked up my car outside my office, and got four new tires put on for me. It was something that was way overdue--the guy at the shop said I was riding on the bars of the tires. Thank you, Gregory! I love you.

And in regards to the rest of my life these days, you know what they say. When you're hanging off a cliff and your fingers are starting to slip, dig in your fingernails. I hope there's gelatin in my multivitamins.

No comments: