Monday, May 26, 2008

15,625

I would like to commemorate this momentous occasion by remembering all the other occasions, all of the other instances of me waking up for another day. Yes, today is the fifteen thousand, six hundred and twenty-fifth day I have been alive.

This compares to the only 15,230 days that Greg has been around and the paltry 3,039 days that Allie has graced her presence with. Julia, well, she's only been around for 1,762. She's not even in the two thousandths yet.

The point of this blog? There isn't one. I could make up something sentimental about how I look forward to every additional day of life and how I yearn to see my children reach the daily total I've achieved (and then some). All that's pretty obvious.

So I'll just say, on Memorial Day, I'm grateful for the people who have died so I can have more days of peaceful, safe life. We remember them.

No comments: