Thursday, May 29, 2008

Together

There's something to be said for being sick with a cold at the same time your spouse is sick with a cold. Sure, there's competition for the box of tissues, but there are all kinds of advantages.

If I wake up Greg by coughing in the middle of the night, he wakes me up by coughing in the morning. If I disturb Greg's sleep by getting up to try to clear some of the gunk out of my sinuses, it's not that big of a deal because Greg needed to take some more cold medicine at 2:20 a.m. anyway. When we feel chilled while watching TV, we can share a blanket. If one of the girls calls for us in the night, I'm not automatically the one who gets out of bed, because Greg was awake anyway, trying to breathe.

We're never going to be able to get anyone to visit us ever again, in our germ-ridden house.

No comments: