Friday, May 23, 2008

Feeling better

I slept better last night than I have in two weeks. Yesterday, I saw a dentist in my dentist's practice for an emergency visit. Is your own physician or dentist ever available in an emergency? The good news is that because my mouth sore came on so quickly, he doesn't think it's a tumor. Well, gosh. That is good news!

The bad news is that I do have some kind of secondary infection on the roof of my mouth, something that probably started with a small burn or abrasion from eating something pokey (like hard crusted bread). It's progressed pretty far considering the level of pain I've had and how abused my upper palate looks.

So I'm on an antibiotic and pain pills and I have to go back for a checkup on Tuesday. I actually think the spot has gotten bigger since yesterday, so hopefully the next dose of antibiotics will sock it good. Regardless, I'm feeling better.

Thank you to all who sent good wishes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a tooth out on Wednesday. That's the second one in 12 months, I'm now ahead of schedule in my plan to become a toothless gimp.

glad you're feeling better.

Deb said...

Dan, my goodness. That's a shame. Are you considering getting an implant to replace either one of those?

Anonymous said...

Thses days most of your doctors can see you in one day if you are sick.

Anonymous said...

no, they are all right at the back and so can't be seen. Plus I can store food in the gaps