Thursday, May 01, 2008

Visitors

My parents are here visiting their granddaughters. I don't bother to trouble myself any more that they're actually here to see me or my husband. There was one point in time, somewhere between Allie's awesomely-cute babyhood and her not-really-that-terrible-in-retrospect twos when I thought the pendulum might swing back over to them wanting to see me more than my kid(s), but I was deceiving myself. So they're here, visiting and doing us a favor by watching Julia tomorrow (and taking her to preschool, and meeting up with Allie, and maybe doing some of my laundry) because our daycare is closed. Not too bad of a deal for us, obviously.

Greg and I seldom go out alone because we lack evening and weekend childcare and because we want to be with our girls since we're all apart all day, so you would think we'd take advantage of the free and available babysitting to go somewhere, anywhere, without our kids. Instead we had pizza and salads tonight and watched some TV and Allie did her homework. So we did pretty much the same thing we do every weeknight. Except tonight, we had more dishes.

I could get used to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kerry says that she has no doubts as to where she comes in the pecking order now, which in a way is a true but you and she will have to wait until you are grandmothers to understand (and I bet your Mum/Mum in law will, like me, be eternally grateful for our grandchildren).