Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Long, long day

At work today, there were only two of us instead of the normal eight. Once again, the company is on shutdown. It was a very, very long day. I got in at 7:30 and the phone rang for the first time at 9:00. And then it was a telemarketer.

Greg is always very polite to telemarketers at home. I am the exact opposite. At work, because it's work, I'm more polite by a minuscule amount. I listen to the first part of their spiel and then say, thanks, but I'm not interested, goodbye. Almost always, they're still talking as I put the phone down.

I started my day with another visit to the dentist, my dentist this time. He seemed rather impressed by the size of the sore in my mouth, which appears to be slowly healing. He measured it, speculated about what it could be, and gave me a thorough oral cancer screening. Even though I just had a thorough screening at my six-month checkup in January.

Then, he told me he wants to see me back in two weeks. You know, it would be easier to be calm about whatever the hell this thing is if dentists didn't keep wanting to follow up on it.

No comments: