Thursday, August 14, 2003

Greg and I took Julia to the doctor yesterday for her 2-week checkup. Everything is fine. We bet on what her weight would be, just like we guess what the total will be at the grocery store when we fill up the cart. I said 7 lbs., 2 oz. Greg said 7 lbs., 5 oz., I believe. The nurse, getting in the spirit of things, guessed 7 lbs., 9 oz. Then she went off to weigh Julia.

Remember, this little girl was 6 lbs, 13 oz. at birth and lost 6 oz. before we left the hospital. I read somewhere that it can take 2 weeks for a baby to regain the weight they lose after birth. Well, that wasn't a problem for Julia. She weighed 7 LBS., 12 OZ!

I'm proud of that, for some reason. I have no idea why. Gaining weight is at no other time in your life cause for celebration, but there you go. She's getting to be a big girl and I think it's cool.

Speaking of--the getting-to-be-a-big-girl is hungry again. Later--

No comments: