Monday, August 04, 2003

Well, we've been home for almost two days now and things are going swimmingly. Julia is turning out to be a sweetheart of a baby. These last two nights, she's only been up twice each night. That's pretty good for a newborn.

Allie is busy being a wonderful big sister. She's very helpful in running to get spit cloths and forgotten items in the next room, and so far we haven't seen her try to hit Julia. I say that mostly in jest, but you never know.

I'm recovering all right--this certainly seems easier physically than Allie's delivery. I'm down to only one kind of pain medication and I'm not taking it as frequently as I could be.

My parents have been here helping and they're leaving tomorrow, so that's when we'll get our first test of this new family dynamic for the four of us. I'm looking forward to it just being us (no offense, Mom and Dad!).

Motherhood is so cool.

No comments: