Monday, August 18, 2003

Yes, I am old. Well, so what. You're as much older as you read this as I am. Got that?

I had a wonderful birthday. My husband spoils me rotten and I love the incredible gift he got me. My sisters and my parents came for the day on Saturday, which was very nice. Not too long of a visit is a good thing when you're still transitioning back into new parenthood.

People are always very impressed that my husband insists on making me a birthday cake every year (or at least ordering one, but usually making one). I think he's trying to make it up to me for the fact that I never had a birthday party as a kid because my birthday is in August and it was too hard to get my school friends together. Nope, never had a birthday party. Not even one. Everyone reading this should get together and have a great big pity party for me. I bet if you got a bunch of those tiny sympathy violins in one place in cyberspace . . .

I decided I need to have at least one post to this blog that doesn't mention you-know-who, so I'm going to tell you another time what we did today.

What's up with the spellcheck on this thing that it highlights "blog" as a typo? Weird.

No comments: