Tuesday, August 19, 2003

OK, I made it one whole day without typing something about Julia, so now I can tell what we did yesterday. We went to work! Oh, what excitement. Actually, it was fun. Julia slept soundly while she was passed between about 15 adoring (or they put on a good impression of being adoring) people.

I booted up my work computer and printed out a report that I have access to but no one else does (other than MIS, and who wants to bother them if you don't have to). So that made me feel useful. And I got Julia added to our health insurance and put some life insurance on her and changed my beneficiaries so if I die she gets some money. All good things to get taken care of. I also brought in donuts for my birthday.

Then it was time for us to leave and I put Julia in her carseat. Big mistake. I've adjusted the straps now, but I stuck her in there when they will still a little too tight and she screamed. I closed the door to my office and fed her, but she was still mad. I hope none of my co-workers were on any important phone calls. We skedaddled as soon as possible (is that how you spell skedaddled? Not a word I use often.).

Last night, the family went for a walk. This morning, Allie, Julia, and I walked Allie to daycare and then Julia and I went around the block. It's going to be nasty hot and humid today so this was the time of day to do a little exercise. Now "Cool Jules" is sleeping (as her daddy has decided to christen her).

She became an official person as registered by the federal government today. We got her social security card. I wonder if there will be anything left of social security by the time she's 80 and can start collecting?

No comments: