Thursday, August 07, 2003

Today is my first full day without any pain medication. I must be getting over this whole surgery thing. I put in my contact lenses (been really lazy about that since I haven't been going anywhere), wore a regular shirt (not a big T-shirt), and felt almost human.

Tonight, the family went for a walk. Greg and his girls. He is hopelessly outnumbered--a wife, two daughters, and even a female cat. Just wait until the daughters get to puberty--whoa whoa.

Tom and his wife, Amy, did a wonderful thing for us--they brought us a fantastic barbecued pork dinner. Considering that I sleep every afternoon (and thus don't cook) and Greg is kept busy serving the needs of the kidlets, it was a very cool thing. Thank you both!

I got a call this afternoon from work. It's nice to be needed, I suppose, but the question they had could have been answered by looking up someone who had been in a similar situation in the past and seeing what I did then. I guess they didn't think of that.

I'm just cranky because they called right when I was taking a nap. I'm starting to feel sleep-deprived despite my naps, so don't rile me. I haven't slept more than 3 hours or so without waking for literally two or three months. Am I too old to do this mom thing again?

No comments: