Thursday, August 21, 2003

I've been home for three weeks and I think my brain is starting to rot away. Seriously. I've been meaning to sit down for at least two weeks now and figure out what adjustment to make to my tax exemptions, direct deposit allocations, and flexible spending account deductions to allow for the taxes that my short-term disability payments aren't paying and to keep things on an even keel otherwise (don't worry if you don't understand what I mean, it doesn't matter) and I still haven't done it. I just need to do a little financial analysis, but I'm procrastinating about it like it's our 2004 tax returns.

I've been managing to keep the checking account balanced and pay bills like always, but this task just seems beyond me. Not that I'm willing to go back to work to get my brain back in shape or anything.

If I had had a normal delivery and couldn't afford otherwise, I'd be going back to work in 3 weeks. Many of the employees I deal with when I'm working are forced to do just that (I handle leaves of absence for my company). I would not be ready. Not by a long shot. Julia's just getting to the point where she's trying to smile and she's also starting to really look at you when you hold her. I'm not ready to leave that.

No comments: