Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Do you have a plan?

I was listening to the radio on the way home tonight and an author was talking about Hillary Rodham Clinton. Apparently, when Hillary agreed to marry Bill, the two of them made a pact. They came up with a twenty year plan that would result in Bill becoming President of the United States. Later, after Bill had actually become president, they came up with a new pact that said, 8 years for Bill, then 8 years for Hillary. Right now, they're working on this second part of the pact.

I think this is amazing. At the time, apparently in the mid-70s, Hillary was about 28 years old. I didn't look it up, but I would assume that Bill was a couple of years older. When I was 28 years old, I was planning nothing more than decorating the condo I'd just bought.

If you're older than 28, did you have a plan then? Do you have a plan now?

No comments: