Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The everlasting germ and other headaches

Almost two weeks ago, Allie got a nasty cold from a boy at daycare. It took a long time for Julia to get it, really until this past Friday. About the same time, Greg started getting symptoms too. And now today, Tuesday, I have that horrible feeling that you get in your nose and throat when you know you're getting sick. And there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

I also had a pretty unpleasant visit with the dentist today. Though I'm having no problems at all, as a new patient with this dentist, I have two other appointments to go. They're doing an extraordinary level of examination, checking for TMJ and proper bite and periodontal disease and oral cancer. I'm not usually too paranoid about going to the dentist, but they took 18 separate x-rays today (yes, you read that right), then poked hard around each of my teeth repeatedly with a probe (boy howdy, was that fun) and then cleaned my teeth.

I have a headache. Not a particularly good day.

No comments: