Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Naughty again

As Greg said recently in his blog, the girls have decided that our half bath is a fun place to play. The room is pretty small, but it has the usual furnishings and a free-standing cupboard that we use to store extra towels, some reading material, and extra toilet paper. The cabinet becomes a magic house for fairies to live in and a place to hide things and who knows what else as they play.

Tonight, the girls were playing and decided that Simon the cat should join them. I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention, but I could hear that they were laughing and having a wonderful time. Then I heard the sound of a cat meowing rather piteously, so I yelled to the girls to let the cat out of the bathroom. They protested, but let him out.

About 15 minutes later, I told the girls to come out and change into their pajamas. While I was helping to get nighties over their heads, I heard a thumping noise coming from the bathroom. I asked Allie if Rabies was in the bathroom and she said no. I walked towards the bathroom and asked again and she said yes, he is.

I walked into the bathroom and didn't see the cat, and just then Allie came up from behind me and opened the drawer in the bottom of the cabinet. The girls (meaning Allie) had stowed Rabies in this little drawer for god-only-knows how long.

He immediately jumped out, looking as grateful as a cat can look. The girls had to go to bed early, without any book reading or last minute snacks. Not nice!

No comments: