Monday, March 05, 2007

Why did the squirrel cross the road?

I traveled to one of my company's other locations today and saw the strangest thing. I was late, so I was speeding rather dramatically. The speed limit was 55 mph, but I was going at least 65, if not more. I saw a squirrel on the left side of the highway and immediately thought, Boy, I hope he's not going to try to cross in front of me, cause I ain't stopping.

Then I saw another squirrel on the right side of the road. Then another, and another and another and another and another. In the space of a hundred yards, there were nine squirrels on the sides of the road (I counted).

Granted, there's a lot of snow on the ground and the shoulder of the road is clear, but what the heck is up with that?

And Dan, no cracks about the superiority of British squirrels, please!

No comments: